Many Orbi users don’t know that the Orbi router has a Bridge mode function that improves the range of your existing Wifi. This function is a router setting that disables the router’s Wi-Fi transmission, converting it into a bridge between the network and another Wi-Fi router. If you want better results from your router, read this post and learn how to enable bridge mode on your Orbi device.
Steps to enable bridge mode on your Orbi router
By following these steps, you can easily setup bridge mode on your Orbi router:
- First, you can connect your Orbi with an existing modem or router which is given by your Internet service provider.
- Start your computer or laptop.
- Now open any web browser like google chrome or safari.
Note– Make sure that your web browser doesn’t contain any unusual cookies, caches and history.
- Type the default web address of your Orbi to access the Orbilogin panel.
- Enter the default login credentials of our device.
- Hit the enter button.
- You’ve entered the Orbi admin dashboard.
- Search for the bridge mode option.
- When you click on this option it asks for your router credentials.
- Type the username and password of your router.
- It can automatically be set to the bridge mode option.
So, these are some steps if you follow these steps you can easily set up bridge mode on your router.
Benefits of Orbi bridge mode option
- It increases the range of your existing Wifi.
- Improver weak signal of internet.
- You can connect more devices with your Orbi.
- It also increases the coverage area of your ISP router or modem.
- This mode “bridges” connections to remote networks, making them easier to access.
- If you are close to the ISP-provided Wifi router, you will have easy accessibility.
Some common issues during the Orbi bridge mode setup
- The ethernet cable is not working correctly.
- Forget your Orbi login credentials.
- Orbi connected with the network.
- Your web browser contains unnecessary cookies, caches, and history.
- Orbi is not getting a proper power supply.
- The old version of your web browser.
- All the cables between your router and devices are not connecting properly.
- Hardware failure can also cause problems.
I believe you can understand how to enable bridge mode on your Orbi router and the advantages of bridge mode. So, these are basic procedures that will benefit your Wifi network. If you get stuck on any step, don’t worry, we’re here to help. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.