The Orbi router and satellite typically update their firmware automatically, however sometimes it fails to auto-update their firmware version. Are you facing the Orbi RBK50 firmware update error then you are landed on the right page. There are many reasons for Orbi firmware update errors but don’t worry this article will help you. To solve the issue, let’s try some troubleshooting techniques.
How to Fix the Orbi RBK50 Firmware Update Error
1. Check your Internet connection
If your internet connection is slow, your router will be unable to update its firmware. Check the WiFi network’s speed. If your internet connection is slow, please contact your internet service provider.
2. Reboot the Orbi wi-fi system
- Turn off the power source to which your Orbi RBK50 is connected.
- Wait a few moments.
- Power up the Orbi router and satellite.
After completing these steps, check to see if the Orbi RBK50 firmware error has been resolved or not. If not, proceed to the next method.
3. Check that the Ethernet connection is working properly
The most important part of connecting your orbi router and the modem is the ethernet cable. If your ethernet cable occasionally fails to work properly. Replace it with a faster internet connection.
4. Remove WiFi interaction
WiFi interaction is also a cause of the Orbi RBK50 firmware error. By moving your Orbi RBK50 router, you can eliminate wifi interaction.
After relocating your Orbi RBK50 router, keep it away from these devices:
- Walkies talkies
- Garage door openers
- Wireless speakers
- Baby monitors
- Washing machines
- Wireless cameras
- Microwave ovens
You can quickly resolve the Orbi RBK50 firmware update error by following these troubleshooting steps. If the problem persists, you can update the firmware manually through the app or web interface.
Manually update the Orbi RBK50 firmware via the web interface
To manually update the firmware on an Orbi RBK50, follow these steps:
- Download the latest firmware for your Orbi device.
- Power on your laptop or computer
- Now launch any web browser on your laptop or computer.
- To log into your Orbi device, type Orbilogin into the search bar.
- The firmware update page can be located.
- Upload the firmware file after choosing the browse update option.
- Verify that the firmware file you downloaded was successfully uploaded.
By following these steps, you can quickly update the Orbi firmware manually. Read this article to know more about the Orbi firmware update issue.
We hope you were able to resolve the Orbi RBK50 firmware update error by following the steps described above. However, if you are still experiencing problems, it is recommended that you contact our technical experts, who will assist you. Our technical experts are only available to help you so feel free to ask.