Orbi router can be a great option for anyone with a house, especially if you have weak Wifi signals in your home. The Orbi system uses the blue light on the satellite as an indicator for users about its current status. If you see a blue light, that means everything is fine with the device However, if the blue light on the Orbi satellite begins to flash continuously, it alerts you to possible network issues. Don’t worry, this article will assist you in troubleshooting and resolving any issues with your Orbi system’s blue lights so that they return to their normal color! Keep Reading.
How to Fix the Orbi satellite blue light?
Here are some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:
Orbi’s firmware must be updated
Check to verify whether your firmware is up to date, as faulty firmware can also cause the Orbi blue light problem. To upgrade the firmware on your Orbi, follow these steps.
- Power on your laptop or computer.
- Get the latest and most up-to-date firmware for your Orbi device.
- Now, open a web browser on your computer or laptop
- Enter the default IP address for Orbi, 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1, or use Orbilogin.net.
- Your screen will now display the Orbi admin page.
- Navigate to the firmware update page.
- Select the “browse” update option and then upload the firmware file you downloaded.
- The router and all satellites will resume once the firmware update is complete.
Restart your Orbi satellite
Restarting your Orbi satellite is the first line of protection. It will assist your device in removing any internal faults that are interfering with the router’s functioning. Turn off the satellite for a few minutes before turning it back on. The blue light will reappear, but it will fade away after a few seconds. If the blue light remains on and is stuck, proceed to the next step.
Reboot the Orbi Wi-Fi system
- Turn off the power and disconnect the Orbi satellite and router.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Connect your satellite and Orbi router to the switch.
- Check the light status on your device now.
If your Orbi satellite continues to flash blue light, don’t worry; continue to the following step.
Check your modem connection
Verify the cable connection between your modem and the Orbi router for appropriate operation. Turn off the power supply and temporarily unplug the cable connecting the Orbi router and modem if it is not working properly. Connect the ethernet connection from the Orbi router to the modem once more, then power it on.
Re-sync your Orbi router with the satellite
- On your router, press the SYNC button.
- For a Few seconds, press and hold the SYNC button on your satellite.
- Wait a few minutes for the synchronizing to complete. The satellite should show a white blinking light while the devices sync.
Change the location of the router and satellite
Place the router and satellite near together to eliminate the blue light since if your Orbi router is out of range, the satellite will automatically flash blue. As a result, please double-check the location of your Orbi router and satellite.
Check your Ethernet cable
The ethernet cable is the most important factor in connecting your Orbi router and modem. Make sure your ethernet cable is securely connected to the port.
In a nutshell
You can get all of the information you need to fix the blue light on Orbi right here. Also included are advanced procedures for resolving Orbi satellite Blue light issues quickly and effectively. If your Orbi satellite continues to flash blue, contact one of our technical professionals, who can walk you through the process step by step.